Neighborhood associations are volunteer organizations that thrive when everyone (that’s you!) is involved. Come to our next meeting and participate in planning the future of SE Eugene.
When: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 7:30pm
Where: Hilyard Community Center, 2580 Hilyard St Eugene, OR 97405
- South Willamette Concept Plan: How can compact urban development be integrated into an existing transportation corridor like the South Willamette district? Find out about what is being planned and express your opinions for improving the area.
- South Willamette Street Improvement Plan: How can we make Willamette Street, which is used by thousands of cars daily, more friendly to bicyclists, pedestrians and bus riders while preserving vehicle access to businesses?
- Deerbrook PUD Update: The Eugene Planning Commission voted to overturn the Hearings Official denial of the Deerbrook PUD in the Amazon Headwater Keystone. The board voted to follow through with a LUBA appeal as a next step. How can our neighborhood pool resources to make this happen?
- Laurel Ridge PUD: There is a tentative PUD application seeking to permit over 600 new dwellings for the 126 acres southwest of Laurel Hill Valley adjacent to 30th Avenue near Spring Boulevard. How will the additional population impact our neighborhood?
- Small Dog Park: The 1/2 acre off-leash area exclusively for small dogs under 25 pounds located in the southeast corner of the Amazon Dog Park has been available since November of 2011. The volunteer group responsible is seeking $4,000 through a Neighborhood Matching Grant from the City of Eugene to build a 16 feet by 14 feet shelter over a picnic table in the middle of the park.
- Overview of key issues confronting Eugene in 2013: What will effect our community this year?