Meeting Minutes: SEN Board Meeting 5/29/13


Date/Time: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Location: Tamarack Wellness Center, Eugene, OR

Attending: Heather Sielicki;  President; Lindsay Selser, Vice President; Deborah Noble, Board Member at Large; Pavel Gubanikhin, Treasurer; Kent Anderson, Board Member at Large; Alicia McGraw, Board Member at Large; David Saul, Board Member at Large; Emily Fox, Board Member at Large; Tom Halferty, Board Member at Large; Lisa Warnes; Shelia Stigall. Total attendance of 11.

I.  Introductions

  • Board member backgrounds and involvement goals for 2013.

II.  Announcements

  • Lindsay Selser shared information about the upcoming community forum to discuss the three alternatives for the South Willamette Street Improvement Plan. The city is holding two meetings on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 to accommodate the high interest in this project; one from 4:00 – 5:45 and the other from 7:00-8:45. The meetings take place at the South Eugene High School Cafeteria (back of school), 400 East 19th Avenue. RSVP to chris.c.henry@ci.eugene.or.us or call 541-682-8472 with your name and time you prefer.

III.  Approval of Meeting Minutes

IV. New Board Transition Items

  • Board Appointments

    • Lisa Warnes was voted in to fill a vacancy on the Board of Directors left by Madronna Holden for the remainder of her vacant term (until May 2014).

    • David Saul was voted in as the Board Corresponding Secretary (aka Newsletter Editor). He will also assume responsibility for the SEN web site and maintaining the board contact list.

    • The Secretary position was not filled but board members agreed to rotate responsibility for note taking in order to ensure accurate records are kept and posted. Lindsay Selser took the action item of distributing a sign-up form to make sure the responsibility is filled for the year.

    • Tom Halferty resigned from his board position due to personal commitments. Shelia Stigall was voted in to fill the vacancy for the remainder of his vacant term (until May 2015).

  • Administrative

    • Kevin Matthews has not agreed to transfer ownership of the southeastneighbors.org domain or the Southeast Neighbors facebook group to the Southeast Neighbors board. Deborah Noble took this outstanding issue as an action item and will work with him directly to achieve the transition.

    • The board agreed to move away from the SEN-M, SEN-D, and SEN-B listservs. The new, iContact managed email list will replace the SEN-M and SEN-D lists. Lindsay Selser took the action item of finding a replacement for the SEN-B list and a neighborhood, two-way discussion group.

    • The board voted to change the regular board meeting time from the second Tuesday of each month to the third Tuesday of each month from 7pm-9pm going forward. Deborah Noble will contact the Hilyard Center to reserve space for the group for the year.

    • The feedback forms from the 5/14/13 meeting were discussed. The board agreed to provide feedback forms at every general meeting to capture input to help us to improve.

V. Board Reports:

  • Deerbrook PUD: Deborah Noble discussed the status of LUBA Appeal. The Oral Argument will take place on Thursday, June 6th at 11:00am in the Land Board Room, 1st floor, 775 Summer St NE, Salem, OR 97301. The board discussed any potential conflicts of interest among board members and agreed to Kevin’s continued involvement in the case.

  • Treasurer’s Report: Update from Pavel Gubanikhin on remaining funds.

  • Outreach Committee: David Saul presented a copy of a postcard mailing designed by the Outreach Committee intended to seek neighborhood involvement, encourage people to visit our web site and sign up for the email list, and to ask people to save the date for the annual neighborhood picnic/potluck on Sunday, September 15 and sign up for tabling, entertainment, or raffle donations. The board voted to pursue the mail out. David Saul will send a copy of the postcard electronically for the board to review in further detail and obtain a quote for the mailing from neighborhood services.

VI.   Adjourn:

The meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM. At the next meeting, which will be held at 7pm on June 18, the board will review neighborhood projects and assign committees and board leads to pursue the work of the group. Some of the projects and committees to consider include:

Committee chairs and neighborhood volunteers are needed now. Please contact us and tell us how you would like to get involved.

One thought on “Meeting Minutes: SEN Board Meeting 5/29/13

  1. Pingback: SEN Board Draft Meeting Minutes 6-18-2013 | Southeast Neighbors

Comments are closed.