Date/Time: Tuesday, August 20, 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Location: Hilyard Community Center, 2580 Hilyard St, Eugene, OR 97405
- Meeting called to order by Heather Sielicki @ 7:02 pm
- Attending: Heather Sielicki, David Saul, Pavel Gubanikhin, Emily Fox, Lisa Warnes, and Deborah Noble
II. Public Announcements – none
III. Board Discussion
- Pavel reported on meeting with the crime watch group centered around 34th Ave and Potter. They are interested in putting up Neighborhood Watch signs in their area. Pavel will encourage them to apply for a neighborhood matching grant. Lisa will be willing to donate construction expertise and labor.
- Pavel reported that the SEN bank account authorized signers list has been updated to reflect the current board. Pavel and Lindsay are authorized.
- Deborah reported on the Deerbrook appeal. The attorneys are on track to submit the appeal brief before the deadline on Friday 8/23. A draft is available for review and Heather will coordinate submitting any changes to our counsel by Thursday EOD.
- A draft agreement for transferring the southeastneighbors.org internet domain is completed and awaits signatures by Kevin Matthews and Heather.
- David opened discussion on planning for the picnic/general meeting on Sept15. Comments received on the flyer to advertise the event. Discussion around seating options. Planning for placement and scheduling of various activities in the park. Several local merchants have donated raffle prizes and Emily offered to donate a Free music lesson. Heather will sign thank you notes to be drafted and sent by Debbie Hebert. Pavel agreed to manage the raffle donations. David will schedule a picnic planning meeting in the first week of September.
- The board voted unanimously to support the petition to the Eugene City Council to create pesticide-free parks in Eugene which is being circulated by Beyond Toxics. David will follow up with Beyond Toxics to ensure that our support is added.
- Future general meetings tentatively scheduled for November, February and May
- Meeting adjourned @ 8:20 PM
- Almonds and Fish snacks
- September General Meeting is at Tugman Park on September 15 4-7PM