Date/Time: Tuesday, February 25 2014, 7:00pm Location: Good Samaritan Eugene Village 3500 Hilyard Street
Attending: Heather Sielicki, President: Board Members: Shelia Stigall, David Saul, Pavel Gubanikhan, Leonard Epstein, Deborah Noble Neighbors: William Zwicker. Total Attendance: 7
I. Meeting Convened : 7:00 pm
Pavel announced that will not be running for re-election to the board in May.
II. Discussion Items:
- Charter Revision: Reached a consensus on 1 change to the draft revised charter. President Vice President will serve a two year term and be limited to 2 consecutive terms. Heather will update the draft accordingly.
- Annual Election: President and Vice president and 9 board positions are up for election at the May general meeting. David will prepare ballots listing candidates for the election.
- General Meeting: Discussed the agenda for the general meeting on May 12. In addition the election , decided to have adopt the theme “Building Community” Will contact local organizations about tabling and/or making presentations
- Neighborhood Survey: Discussed format and content for the proposed survey but unable to reach a consensus on the approach to take. Leonard advocated for a more scientific survey that would provide a representative sample of neighborhood attitudes, Shelia mentioned that the city published a detailed neighborhood survey in 2011 and the we might be unnecessarily duplicating their work.
- Potential Signage Purchases: Discussed possible purchase of signs that could be used on an ongoing basis such as signs announcing Tugman work parties that might encourage more people to participate. Also mentioned possibility of buying newspaper advertising.
- Eugene Neighbors Inc: Heather suggested that participation in ENI could accomplish our stated goal of getting non-profit status, enabling us to accept tax-deductible donations. Heather will attend their monthly meeting on 4/16 at the Davis restaurant.
III. Neighborhood Projects & Committees
- Tugman Park: The last work party was a success and we will plan to have another in June.
- South Eugene CERT Team: The team participated in the Emergency Preparedness Cook-off and won “best presentation” for their dish. They will host a CERT participant from the Churchill area CERT team at their next meeting on Thursday 4/17 at 7PM and discuss ways to grow participation in the CERT team.
- 2014 Picnic: Some discussion around the date for this years picnic but no conclusion reached. Planning to form a committee to start picnic planning at the May general meeting.
- Land Use: Deborah reported that negotiations with the city council and staff about purchase of the Deerbrook property are ongoing. David reported that the planning department was still reviewing the Resthaven Cell Tower application and that no application has been submitted yet for the Crossfire Church cell tower proposal. David proposed that the board consider submitting a statement to the City Council regarding including protections for existing homeowners in the Edgewood West development who are concerned about the potential impacts of redesignating part of the Resthaven property for residential development.
IV. Adjourn: The meeting adjourned shortly after 8:30 PM.