We’ve reserved Tugman Park on Sunday, September 14 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm for the annual neighborhood picnic. This year we envision it to be more of a neighborhood festival celebrating our beautiful and unique corner of the city. Last year, around 200 people attended our event and this year, we predict around 350. We are setting up a good sound system and featuring live music from neighborhood bands and brief updates from community members. We’ll have the Circus Arts group from Recreation Services teaching juggling and hula hoop for all ages, face-painting, free ice cream, a better than ever urban garden sharing table (what is not taken will be donated to Food for Lane County), introductory yoga classes from Yoga West, a nature scavenger hunt, and a kickball tournament with proceeds benefiting Veteran’s law services through Access the Law.
Local businesses, schools, individuals and neighborhood groups are invited to table and vend at the event. Contact us for details.
2014 Tabling Organizations & Featured Activities
- American Red Cross, Oregon Pacific Chapter: Emergency preparedness presentations
- No Industrial Pisgah
- Yoga West Eugene: Introductory classes on the hour
- Parenting Now!: Class information
- Parks and Open Spaces: Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Eugene Police Department: Bicycle Registration
- Tamarack Pool
- Urban Garden Sharing Table: Bring your excess garden bounty, leftovers will be donated to Food for Lane County
- Friends of Trees
- Eugene Bhangra
- South Willamette Code Update Team
- Pete Sorenson
- Long Tom Watershed Council
- Good Samaritan Society – Eugene Village
- West Coast Dog and Cat Rescue
- Senior And Disabled Services (S&DS)
- Support Local Food Rights
- The Traceys
- Late to Dinner
- Emily Fox
- Pedal Power will be donating their equipment and skills to power the sound at our event.
Food and Refreshments
- The Old Pad: Serving up a tender beef brisket dish complete with a house made Blackberry Black Butte Porter BBQ sauce, Cowboy baked beans or house salad/Caesar salad, and coleslaw for just $8. Along with being a participating vendor The Old Pad has committed to providing 6, 5′ round folding tables and 36 stacking chairs for the event.
- Sunshine Deliwagon: Serving veggie burgers, hot dogs, hamburgers, and drinks. Prices are $5-6.00 for burgers, chips and a drink; drinks are $1-2.00.
- Free Ice Cream from Umpqua Bank
- Urban Garden Share: Bring your excess garden bounty to share with the neighbors. All leftovers will be donated to Food for Lane County
Raffle Tickets for Prizes from Neighborhood Businesses
- Yoga West Eugene: 5-Class Punchcard
- Lube It USA: Oil Change Certificate
- Good Samaritan Society – Eugene Village: $50 gift certificate
- The Glenwood: certificate good for 2 dinner entrees
- Laughing Planet at 29th & Willamette: 4 certificates for one free entree
- Pet Smart: gift certificate one free grooming (up to $45) and dog treats
- Eugene True Value Hardware: two $50 gift certificates
- Pegasus Pizza: $25 gift certificate
- Metropol Bakery: $25 gift certificate
- Emily Fox: Music Lessons
- Safeway: $50 certificate