With the recent fires in the community, I know many of us are feeling worried about the potential for wildfire in Southeast Eugene. The following are some recommended resources for learning more about what you can do personally to protect your home and family against fire.
- Highly Flammable Trees and Vegetation to Remove (1 page)
- Firewise Tips for Around Your Home (1 page)
- Create a Wildfire Action Plan (web site)
- Living with Fire: A Guide for the Homeowner (12 pages)
- Fire Safety Checklist for Older Adults (24 Pages)
- Let’s Have Fun with Fire Safety: Marty & Jett’s Activity Book (28 pages)
Being proactive and taking precautions now will help not just yourself but the entire neighborhood. Meet with your family to decide what to do and where to go if wildfires threaten our area.