Date/Time: Tuesday September 9 , 2014, 7:00pm Location: Good Samaritan Eugene Village 3500 Hilyard Street
Attending: Heather Sielicki: President, Madronna Holden: Vice President Board Members: Deborah Hebert, David Saul, Leonard Epstein, Deborah Noble, Emily Fox, William Zwicker, Lealan Swanson.
Total Attendance: 9
I. Meeting Convened : 7:03 pm
- Picnic Planning – reviewed all areas of the plan. Assigned 2 hour shifts covering the SEN table. Steve will need help getting equipment from Neighborhood Services on Friday at 9am. Steve and Heather will begin setting up at the park on 9am Sunday. There will be a table set up to collect household goods donations to aid in the U.S. resettlement of Abdul Ghaznavi and his family. They arrive in Portland Monday having been granted an Afghan Allies Protection Act Special Immigrant Visa.
- Celebration Parade – Brief review of the Eugene Celebration Parade. 10 Neighbors joined our contingent this year.
- Survey- Len provided an update on survey responses to date. 41 received so far. Heather will get 200 printed copies and we will try to get more responses at the picnic and possible at other upcoming neighborhood events
III Land Use Issues
- MUPTE -At the July 30 work session on MUPTE, City Council continued the discussion of potential program revisions. However, Council did not take action to move forward with the September public hearing. The next work session to discuss potential revisions is scheduled for October 15.
- 30th Ave Crossing – Heather reported that construction is stalled until some electrical components are delivered,
- Amazon Headwaters Keystone – Deborah N. reported that that negotiations for the Headwaters Property are still ongoing.
IV Tugman Park
- August 20 work party completed installing bumpers for the see-saws and installed shade cloth to suppress Canary grass near the creek,
- David will arrange scheduling for the next work party for a weekend in October
V Emergency Preparedness
- Great Shakeout event is planned at the Hilyard Center on Oct 17
- Amateur Radio Technician License Classes – The neighborhood could use more radio operators for disaster preparedness. These low cost classes offered by CERT start Sept 15. Click here for more details.
- CERT training classes starting Sept 23. All classes will be Mondays & Wednesdays 6:00-9:00 pm at the Fire/EMS Training Center, 1705 West 2nd Ave Call 541-682-5665 for registration info.