After almost five years of community visioning, technical analysis, and public input, the Envision Eugene Planning has presented the preliminary UGB recommendation for adding land to Eugene for jobs, parks, schools, and single family homes. The recommendation includes four areas of expansion:
- Clear Lake: Land for over 3,000 jobs, commercial support services, a 222 acre community park, and a future Bethel school all master planned and served by a green infrastructure system
- Santa Clara: Land for a 35 acre community park
- Bailey Hill/Gimpl Hill: 60 acres of land for 134 single family homes
- Bloomberg/McVay: 230 acres of land for 400 single family homes, existing employment lands, a park and a reservoir
The Bloomberg/McVay expansion area will impact our neighborhood most directly. The study area extends along both sides of 30th Avenue from Spring Blvd down to I5.
Link to PDF of the relief map: Bloomberg/McVay UGB Expansion Area
Through the end of January you can view the details of the recommendation and submit your comments through the On-line Open House at www.envisioneugene.org.
- January 13th, 4-6 pm will be an in-person open house in the Atrium lobby at 99 West 10th Avenue.
- January 20th, 7:30 pm will be a City Council public forum at Harris Hall, 125 East 8th Avenue.