Date/Time: Tuesday February 10, 2015, 7:00pm Location: Good Samaritan Eugene Village 3500 Hilyard Street
Attending: Heather Sielicki: President, Madronna Holden: Vice President Board Members: Deborah Hebert, David Saul, Leonard Epstein, Deborah Noble, Emily Fox, Lealan Swanson, and Steve Chadick also 1 Neighbor: Duncan Rhodes
Total Attendance: 10
Meeting Convened : 7:02 pm
II. Updates on Current Projects
Heather reported on several projects she has been working on:
- 4J parent organizations in the Southeast Eugene schools meeting on 2/25 at Camas Ridge School to explore how they can improve communication and coordinate their efforts (details at https://www.smore.com/11×42)
- Safe Routes To School is also meeting on 2/25 at Spencer Butte Middle School. to discuss improving safety for student commuters. Expecting that there will be some concerns about traffic near the Parker school site due to the Charlemagne French Immersion moving there.
- A tabletop exercise to improve emergency preparedness in case of a wildfire disaster is scheduled for 2/28 from 10am – 1pm at the Hilyard Center. This is part of a nationwide program of disaster preparedness exercises called “Formidable Footprint”
David reported on current publications. Our newsletter was delivered to the printer on 2/9 and the latest eNewsletter was sent out on 2/10.
Len reported that the Tugman tree planting work party is scheduled for 2/21. David and Debbie will put out the work party signs at the park at least 1 day in advance.
Lealan and Deborah reported on the Neighborhood/Applicant meeting they attended about the proposed Chemotee Trails PUD. The board agreed that we would not take any position on the PUD since no application has been filed yet.
III Planning for March General Meeting
The meeting is scheduled for March 10 and we agreed to focus on gardening. We will allocate time at the beginning for a salad focused potluck and invite several local organizations to table. After allowing some time for public comments and announcements Heather provide a neighborhood update report and we will have an election to ratify the charter update and our board statements to the city council. After the election we will have a brief presentation on a garden related topic followed by Q&A/Discussion.
Contacting These Organizations about tabling:
- Heather – School Garden Project , North American Butterfly Assoc.
- Madronna – NCAP, Beyond Toxics
- Duncan Rhodes agreed to contact Friends of Trees about tabling
Steve will work on arranging the presentation – enlisting a presenter and facilitating powerpoint etc.. Possible presenters John Inda (Have A Garden Again) , Heiko Koester ,John Fischer, Master Gardeners
Lealan will obtain a seasonal planting chart and try to obtain seed packet donations.
Heather will arrange for extra bowls and forks though we will ask people to bring their own.
David will prepare some extra copies of the eNewsletter to distribute at the meeting and also prepare ballots for the election
- 6 -7 pm Salad Potluck and tabling
- 7-7:15 Announcements
- 7:15 -7:30 Neighborhood Update Report & Elections
- 7:30 – 7:45 Gardening Presentation
- 7:45 – 8:30 Q&A/Discussion
Space is available for community organizations and groups who would like to table. Reserve space at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084fa5ab2ba13-southeast1
Meeting Adjourned at 8:20 pm