Mark your calendars for some awesome events happening in South Eugene this summer.
Saturday, July 18
- Tugman Park Work Party: Work with the Parks Department on improvement. Tools, gloves, snacks and instruction provided. 9:00 am—12:00pm
- SmartTrips South Central Kick-Off Party at Tugman Park: Learn ways to get around the neighborhood using different forms of transit from SmartTrips Eugene. Kids can learn and practice their bike and walk safety skills in a Traffic Safety course. Get a bike tune-up or a free bike wash at the washing station. Enjoy games, prizes, and free hot dogs. 11:00 am—2:00 pm.
- Free Range Kids Neighborhood Discussion Circle: Join us at the Tugman Park picnic shelter for lemonade and discussion about creating a neighborhood culture that supports childhood independence and freedom. 12:00 pm—1:00 pm
Thursday, July 23
- RhythmFest at Amazon Community Center: Family-friendly facilitated drum circle followed by rhythm entertainment. Bring your drum and small percussion instruments, chairs and blankets. 5:30 pm—7:30 pm.
Friday, July 24
- Hilyard Presents: Open Stage & Improv Game Night, (see article page 2) 6–9 pm. Continues on August 8th & 22nd, September 12th.
Saturday, August 1 and Sunday, August 2
- As You Like It: Bring a picnic, blanket, family and friends down to the Amazon Community Center Amphitheater for a romantic comedy by William Shakespeare. Show will play on Saturday and Sundays through August 23, 6:00 pm—8:15 pm. Free and family friendly.
Saturday, August 8 and Sunday, 9
- Fundraiser Garage Sale: Community Veterinary Center will have a fundraiser garage sale at 200 E 37th Ave on August 8 and 9. Contact Diana Bus at 541-345-1195 for details.
Wednesday, August 12
- Walk to Willamette Bites: Walk with us down Willamette Street (moderate walk, 1.3 miles) to enjoy appetizers from local restaurants and a pizza dinner from Pegasus. Meet outside in the plaza at Woodfield Station. 6:00 pm—8:15 pm.
Monday, August 17
- Neighborhood Schools Discussion Circle at Tugman Park: Join us at the Tugman Park picnic shelter for lemonade and discussion about what is happening at our neighborhood schools. This gathering is for families with kids in schools and also for neighbors who do not have kids in the system. 6:30 pm—8:00 pm.
Friday, August 28
- Breakfast at the Bridges: Meet us at the Amazon Path in the grass near the parking lot at 24th Ave for a quick bite to eat and a cup of coffee. Learn about transportation in Eugene and get a bicycle safety check. Amazon Path & 24th Ave. 7:00 am—9:30 am.
Friday, August 28 through Sunday, August 30
- Northwest Permaculture Convergence: (see page 5) River Road Recreation Center
Saturday, September 12
- Southeast Neighbors Picnic and Neighborhood Festival: Live music from neighborhood bands, a beer garden, food carts, face-painting, free ice cream, an urban garden sharing table, info tables from neighborhood organizations and businesses, and more! Contact us at (541) 782-8736 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Saturday, September 19
- Tugman Park Work Party: Help us to maintain Tugman Park. 9:00 am—12:00pm.