The City Council will hold a public hearing to consider an ordinance for a privately–initiated, site- specific Metro Plan amendment and zone change for the Rest-Haven Memorial Park property located at 3900 Willamette Street. The proposal would change the plan designation and zoning of the property to low-density residential.
- When: Monday, September 21, 2015, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Harris Hall – 125 East 8th Street, Eugene, Oregon
Current Council Agenda – Monday (pdf) – September 21
View Council Webcasts
City Council meetings and work sessions are now broadcast live on the city’s website, as well as on Metro Television. In addition to the live broadcasts, an archive of past City Council webcasts is available. These archived meetings are indexed by agenda item, enabling users to select a specific agenda item without having to search through an entire meeting for the desired topic. Webcasts of Council meetings from 2004-2011 are also available on DVD at the Eugene Public Library.
Update: Resthaven Memorial Park Metro Plan Change/Rezone
Though technically no longer in our boundaries, development of the site would still have an impact on neighbors and should stay on our radar. The designation change does not mean that development will occur. Read the public comments if you have the time to familiarize yourselves on the issues.
Public Comments submitted prior to City Council Public Hearing (9-21-2015): http://pdd.eugene-or.gov/LandUse/DocumentDetails…
Public Comments submitted at City Council Public Hearing ?(9-21-2015):
The City Council extended the time in which additional testimony/comment can be submitted into the record for the Resthaven Memorial Park Metro Plan Change/Rezone. The deadlines for submitting additional testimony are:
- By 5 pm on Monday October 12, 2015- deadline for anyone to submit new testimony/comments.
- By 5 pm on Monday October 19, 2015- deadline for anyone to submit a rebuttal to any of the new testimony/comments that were submitted between Tuesday Sept 22 and Monday Oct 12.
- By 5 pm on Monday October 26, 2015- deadline for only the applicant to submit a final rebuttal. This is for the applicant only as required by state law.
Additionally, because of extending the period for public comment, the City Council will not be deliberating or taking action on the requested changes on October 12 as previously scheduled. Deliberations/action are now tentatively scheduled for November 9th but this is still tentative at this time.