Board Members Present: Heather Sielicki (Pres), William Zwicker (Treas.), Duncan Rhodes (Sec.), Len Epstein, Emily Fox, Debbie Hebert, Lealan Swanson
Board Members Absent: Roberly Hearsch (VP), Ken Beeson, Jenny Oberst Lupton
Neighbors Present: Betty Taylor, Deborah Noble, Wanda Gledhill
- Wanda Gledhill requested support for Measure 20-235, Library Levy, on the 11/3/15 ballot. This would add about $3.00 / month to the average homeowner’s real estate taxes, and last for 5 years. Website is www.voteyesforlibraries.org.
- Len Epstein has been appointed to the LRAPA Citizens Advisory Committee.
- Betty Taylor and Deborah Noble were involved in the Board discussion about the South Willamette Special Area Zone (SW-SAZ). As of 10/13, a City Council Work Session is scheduled for 10/21 at 12 noon, a City Council Public Hearing is scheduled for 11/9 at 7pm, and a vote on an Ordinance on SW-SAZ on 12/14 at 7:30 pm. It was decided to request a delay to increase public involvement. SEN & other affected NAs to request public forums in January and City Council vote in February.
The Board unanimously passed a resolution to send the following to City Council: “The Southeast Neighbors Board requests that City Council postpone public hearing and action on the South Willamette Special Area Zone to give neighborhoods more time for public involvement.”
- SEN Board members are encouraged to attend South Willamette Neighbors (www.swneugene.org) meetings to increase involvement with the entire community. Meetings are 1st & 3rd Tuesdays at 7 pm at Good Samaritan.
- There is a 4-neighborhood meeting on SW-SAZ scheduled at Good Samaritan on 10/29. We will invite Planning Dept. presentations, requesting that they bring their large presentation boards showing details on exactly where & what the proposed zoning changes are. We will have signup sheets with comment/concern spaces to develop consensus. Should we have Cogito to facilitate?
- The board voted in the Election of Neighborhood Representatives on MUPTE Advisory Panel.
- The 11/10 SEN General Meeting will be a dessert potluck, 6:30-8:30pm at Good Samaritan. There will be focus tables to discuss Unhoused Support, Land Use, Improving Neighborhood Safety, and Air Quality. Additional topics are welcome, anyone who wishes to host a topic should contact Heather.