Board Members Present: Heather Sielicki (Pres), Roberly Hearsch (VP), Ken Beeson (Treas.), Duncan Rhodes (Sec.), Len Epstein, Emily Fox, Debbie Hebert, Jenny Oberst Lupton, Lealan Swanson, Seth Sadofsky
Board Members Absent: 0
Neighbors Present: Dana Furgerson, Deborah Noble, Don Methany, Marty Wilde
- Deborah Noble stated that a public hearing will be held at 7:30 PM next Tuesday, 1/19, at Harris Hall on the naming of the Amazon headwaters acquisition. There will be a public comment period.
- The SEN picnic is scheduled for September 10, 2016.
- Deborah stated that Will Dowdy, City Planner, stated in a meeting two weeks ago that the SW-SAZ does not include planning for increased density.
- Seth Sadofsky was elected to the board as an at-large member.
- The board approved the Southwest Neighbors request to the city for a $3430 matching grant to enable neighborhood contact and meetings to discuss future planning for the SW-SAZ. After outreach to the community via postcards, posters, and door-to-door solicitation, neighborhood discussion meetings will be held at Good Samaritan on each night of the week, to be sure that everyone can attend.
- Village School is moving to 3411 Willamette St, the former Dunn Center, in the fall of 2016.
- The Leatherwood Cluster Subdivision was discussed.
- The Wendell Canyon development was discussed.
- Don Methany will be a representative of the board for CERT neighborhood emergency preparedness. The board approved the request to the city for a matching grant to facilitate SEN emergency preparedness.
- The board approved the revised CSEN charter. All CSEN (Council of South Eugene Neighborhoods) documents are on-line at https://councilsoutheugene.wordpress.com/.
- The board approved the CSEN letter by 7 to 2 vote, with 1 abstention.
- The board moved the date of the next General Meeting to Wednesday, 2/10. The Transportation System Plan (TSP) will be discussed by Kurt Yeiter, Eugene Senior Transportation Planner.
- Neighborhood Services will hold a neighborhood chat in the Atrium on 1/26 at 5:30 pm.
- Training as neighborhood ambassadors to facilitate homeless camping will be held at Good Samaritan at 6:30 PM on 1/20.
- Point in Time homeless count will be held on 1/27. Approximately 3-8 hours, various shifts available. Meet at CALC, 458 Blair, for morning, afternoon or evening shift. 1-½ hour training before the count on Tuesday, January 19th 3:00-5:00 PM, Lane County Health and Human Services Building: 151 West 7th Ave Eugene, Room 258
- Saturday, 1/16 – Tugman work party. 9-12 am.