Each workday, LTD sees nearly 40,000 average passenger boardings on it’s buses. Part of delivering high-quality service is a process in which routes are evaluated for efficiency and effectiveness on a yearly basis. Input from riders, bus operators, and the general public plays a critical role in developing a proposal that improves the system for everyone. That input in the past few years has resulted in rural service additions, increased hours of service, and a pilot Airport Connector service.
Staff will collect and evaluate the information received through public input, and a public hearing will be held on March 16 in conjunction with a regularly scheduled Board meeting. Input received will be presented to the LTD Board of Directors with the final service package slated for adoption in April.
Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2016_ARR
Below is a list of routes and adjustments that are being proposed.
- EmX – 15-minute service on Sundays
- Route 1-Campbell Center – Adding trips during midday
- Route 11 – 15-minute service on Sundays
- Route 12 – Route alignment change to improve service reliability.
- Routes 17 and 18 – Adding trips to fill service gaps
- Route 33-Jefferson – Create a bidirectional route and extend service on 29th to Woodfield Shopping Center and Amazon Station, but remove section on Jefferson between 24th and 28th with very limited use.
- Route 40-Echo Hollow – Extend service on 5th Avenue to serve Amtrak Station and 5th Street Public Market in both directions and serve Pearl Street, but remove section on Charnelton with limited stops.
- Routes 51 & 52 – 15-minute service along River Road from Chambers Street to Irving Road between 6:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Routes 66 & 67 – 15-minute service along these routes between 6:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Route 93-Veneta – Adding trips on Saturdays and introducing Sunday service
Route 96 Coburg – Adding trips to increase service to Cal Young neighborhood and City of Coburg on Weekdays.
- Springfield Connector – Create a new route to serve Springfield neighborhoods south of Main St between 32nd and Thurston Station.
- Weekend Hours – Extending the service hours later by one hour on Sundays and possibly Saturdays on core routes (EmX, 11, 12, 13, 24, 28, 36, 40, 41, 43, 51, 66, & 67)
- P.M Departures from Eugene Station – Shifting the :45 departures to :15 or :30
Holiday Service – Adding regular weekday service on the day after Thanksgiving (instead of Saturday-level service).
- Airport Service – Implementing the pilot Airport Connector program into regular service
A representative from LTD with information about proposed route changes will be available at our Winter Meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday, February 10 to discuss the adjustments in greater detail.