The Southeast Neighbors Disaster Plan is almost a completed project at least in a final draft form. The next steps will be to complete our asset and team mapping and engage “block captains” to build additional capacity within the SE neighborhood. By doing so, we are not only increasing the awareness of the plan within the neighborhood but within our community.
Planning Workgroup Meetings (Amazon Community Center)
- Friday, April 29 from 11:30am to 1:00pm
- Friday, May 6 from 11:30am to 1:00pm
- Friday, May 13 from 11:30am to 1:00pm
Southeast Neighbors Disaster Plan Presentation (Amazon Community Center)
- Friday, May 20 from 11:30am to 1:00pm
Block Coordinator Training (Hilyard Community Center)
- Sunday, June 26, 2016 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Sunday, July 31 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Sunday, August 28 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Heather Sielicki, Neighborhood Association President, and Don Metheny, Southeast Neighbors CERT lead, are responsible for updating the Disaster Plan. Devonne Maxey is assisting with outreach and promoting the plan. Patence Winningham is responsible for the oversite of this project and promoting any outreach with the Emergency Management Department Public Information Officer.
- Establish a completed disaster plan specific to the SE Neighborhood.
- Promote the plan within the SE Neighborhoods and increase interest in the plan and the CERT Program.
- Test the disaster plan. Utilizing additional CERT Members in the community.
- Establish a good outreach method to engage citizens of our neighborhood to become more prepared and actively participate in the development of the plan.
If you would like to get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.