Watch the video of the “Demystifying Refinement Plans” presentation, which is now posted on-line at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108146635/DemystifyingRefinementPlans.m4v. The presentation runs about an hour and forty minutes.
A link to a PDF file of the slides and other reference materials are also available at https://trusttheneighbors.org/sw-saz-zone-change/
by Paul Conte
Join your neighbors and Paul Conte to shine the light on this “mysterious” thing called a “refinement plan” on Tuesday, April 19th at 7:00 p.m. at Good Samaritan Society, 3500 Hilyard St, Eugene, OR 97405.
What You Will Learn
- What a “refinement plan” is in practical terms
- The three types of refinement plans and how they’re used
- A brief history of Eugene’s neighborhood and special area refinement plans
- The kinds of “planning elements” that are included in a refinement plan
- The legal effect of a refinement plan
- Where refinement plans fit in the planning hierarchy. i.e., the relationship to state statutes, comprehensive plans and Eugene Code
- The conceptual and legal relationships of refinement plan policies to Metro Plan policies
- The conceptual and legal relationships of refinement plan policies to land use and code and zoning districts
- The creation and approval process for refinement plans
- The role…
View original post 349 more words