- Neighborhood application meeting for Rest-Haven development on 7/13 at 5 PM
- Per Sandy, the Tamarack property is up for sale again. This includes the Pool and the Yoga Center. Are these one or two properties?
- Per Deb Noble, Emerald Valley is proposing a 21-bed, one floor expansion
- The renter code needs to be renewed on 7/14 or it will sunset.City Council has scheduled a 5 PM meeting on 7/14.
- Heather reports that CSEN & SW-SAZ have had no further developments.
- A motion was passed to support the St Vincent de Paul’s Willamette Street site for providing Housing for Homeless Youth in School.This site will provide housing for 12 to 15 children. The building acquisition cost is about $579,000 plus an additional $1.5 million for renovation. There is a goal to provide 40 other locations for housing homeless youth.
- Storage of possessions is an ongoing problem for the homeless population. There will be a fund-raising effort for additional storage lockers to be located at the Family Center across from the Civic Stadium location.
- SEN has $677.17 in the checking account. Our allocation from the city this year is expected to be about $7200. We need to review our budget. We need a Thank You letter for donations. We need a logo and SEN letterhead. We need to finalize a relationship with ENI to accept tax-deductible donations.
- The City has fully funded the Matching Grants program for the coming year.
- Block captain training is scheduled for 7/31 and 8/28 from 3:00 to 5:00 PM from 3:00 to 5:00 PM at the Hilyard Community Center, 2580 Hilyard St. As a reminder, Don Metheny is our SEN CERT representative. Please RSVP to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090c4cacad2ba3f58-block or to email@example.com.
- A family-friendly spiff and play work party is scheduled at Tugman Park 7/14 from 4:00 – 7:00 PM. Katie Blair-Terrazas of the Parks department is the coordinator. Please RSVP to her at 541-682-4831 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Parks Dept. has extended the Arlie Park Master Plan survey date through 7/15.
- Annual Picnic – 9/10 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Tugman Park.
- Deb and Len have the raffle all set up.
- David Monk will invite all the nonprofits, Jenny will invite the food carts and business people.
- David Monk will talk to Becky Williams of playground sports at 221-2392 regarding organizing kickball, volleyball, and other sports games that involving the kids will attend the picnic.
- Heather will involve the city of Eugene Recreation Department for a fee of $100.
- The Umpqua ice cream truck will be at the picnic.
- LTD will issue free ride tickets for people taking the bus to the picnic.
- Samba Ja will provide music. Heather and Emily will coordinate on arranging the remainder of the music program.
- Heather will invite appropriate politicians to the picnic.
- It was decided we will not have another meeting about the picnic.
- SEN will participate in a rummage sale with Good Samaritan in their parking lot on August 5 & 6 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Heather discussed posting a possible Winter Art Show. If you are an artisan who would like to participate, -*+please get in touch with Kathy Tiger at email@example.com or 541-344-1133.
- Newsletter – should we produce the newsletter as an insert in the Eugene Weekly?We will produce a newsletter by 10/15. Heather will prepare a postcard for immediate mailing discussing the 8/9 meeting on pesticide use in city parks, an 8/28 meeting on Block Captain training, and the SEN Annual Picnic at Tugman Park on 9/10.
Board Members Present: Heather Sielicki (Pres), Lealan Swanson (VP), Ken Beeson (Treas.), Duncan Rhodes (Sec.), Emily Fox, Dennis Hebert, David Monk, Deborah Noble
Board Members Absent: Len Epstein, Jenny Oberst Lupton
Neighbors Present: Sandy Bond, Kimberly Penn