from the Community Bulletin
A joint task force has been formed between the Eugene City Council and Lane County Commissioners to explore opportunities to collaborate on a vision for prominent and well-visited public facilities and spaces in Eugene including City Hall, Lane County Courthouse and the Lane County Farmers Market.
The task force is now underway and is looking at possibilities for coordinating these efforts to provide access to essential government and public safety services in ways that make efficient use of public resources and provide high-quality service to the community. The task force is working with an independent, highly knowledgeable and skilled facilitator – Cameron McCarthy Landscape Architecture & Planning – in order to provide an objective analysis to City Council and the Board of Commissioners.
With the help of the consultant, the task force is exploring several options including:
- Phase 1 of a new City Hall as currently planned and a wrap-around Courthouse on the City Hall lot;
- a new Phase 1 City Hall on the Butterfly Lot and a Courthouse on the full City Hall block;
- Courthouse on Butterfly Lot as previously planned; and other options that may arise.
Public Participation Opportunities:
Attend and provide public comment at one of the upcoming Joint Elected Officials meetings with the Eugene City Council and Lane County Board of Commissioners:
Attend one of two community open houses to learn more about the coordinated planning and provide comment:
- Tuesday, October 18, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Atrium Building)
- Wednesday, November 2, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Harris Hall)
Provide written comment at www.downtownplanning.org.