Registration for the Winter 2017 Amateur Radio General Class License Class: Intermediate Level License is now open. Ham radio is rewarding and fun, and provides another way to help your community in emergency situations.
Amateur Radio General Class License Class: Intermediate Level License
- Available seats: 27
- Registration deadline: December 20, 2016
- Dates: January 10, 17, 24, 31 February 7, 14 (6 sessions)
- Time: 7 to 9 pm Each Tuesday night
- Place: American Red Cross building, 862 Bethel Dr. Eugene
- Cost: $30.00, includes the book used in class (request it early). Exam fee is $15 at exam time.
- Registration Contact: “Matt” Dillon W7ARD: email@example.com (preferred) or 541-689-0640
About FCC Licensing
To become a ham radio operator you must obtain a license from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The FCC is the federal governing body overseeing the Amateur Radio Service, known colloquially as ham radio. The FCC currently issues three different amateur radio license levels, or classes: (1) Technician License Class, (2) General License Class, and (3) Extra License Class. The Technician License Class is the introductory level license and it must be earned first. The General License Class is an intermediate license level that may be earned after Technician Class. The Extra Class license may be earned following General Class.
Radio Information Links
- Lane ARES
- Area Repeater List
- Emerald Amatuer Radio
- CHIRP for EARS
- EARS Emergency Communications
- Southgate Amateur Radio Club