Board Members Present: Heather Sielicki (Pres), Lealan Swanson (VP), Ken Beeson (Treas.), Duncan Rhodes (Sec.), Len Epstein, David Monk, Deborah Noble, Dennis Hebert, Emily Fox
Board Members Absent: Jenny Oberst Lupton
Neighbors Present: Dennis Cassidy, Eben Fodor, Janet Bevirt
Guests: Eric Brown, Rene Kane, Terri Harding
- David Monk reprised topics discussed at CSEN meeting on the S. Willamette Project
- There will be 6-8 voting members, including commercial property & business owners, for the S. Willamette Project working group, all drawn from within Friendly NA, plus non-voting City Council councilors from Wards 1 & 2, plus one non-voting representative each from SEN, ShiNA, & Amazon NA. Meetings will be open to the public. Timeline TBD.
- Janet Benitt said the SHiNA board wants to have the southern boundary to be 29th, not 32nd.
- Terri Harding, Rene Kane, & Eric Brown – the Staff proposal on this is due 1/31 to City Council; City Council Working Group to meet 2/22. No budget has been allocated to staff to support this effort.
- City Planners to be used as needed, but are not to interject as active participants unless requested.
- SEN Board approved resolution that City Councilors be non-voting.
- SEN Board approved resolution that SHiNA, Amazon, & SEN each have a voting member in the Working Group.
- SEN opposes creation of a Triple-Bottom-Line Sounding Board.
- SEN opposes any role for the Planning Commission.
- SEN opposes any role for the City Council.
- SEN supports alternative efficiency measures to support community investments rather than MUPTE.
- SEN supports doing without any outside facilitator.
- Deb Noble reported that the Resthaven request for a variance from the 2002 Code is being reviewed by LUBA. She will track this & update us.
- Mike Coughlin developer dba Amazon Corner has submitted a request for a land use variance for the proposed development at 32nd & Hilyard, south of Albertson’s (the former S. Hills Assemblies of God location). The development is now 5-story rather than the 4-story presented to SEN at our 10/11/16 Board meeting. Give feedback over the next two weeks to Erik Berg-Johansen, Assoc. Planner, City of Eugene, 541-682-5437, Berg@ci.eugene.or.us. Permit submission materials are located at
- ARA-16-0017: Initial Request: Adjustment to EC 9.5500(12) Vehicle Parking and 9.5500(6) Building Mass and Facade. http://pdd.eugene-or.gov/LandUse/SearchApplicationDocuments?file=ARA-16-0017 Issues: 200’ building length
- TIA-16-0007: Initial Request: Traffic impact analysis for multi-story mixed use commercial and residential. http://pdd.eugene-or.gov/LandUse/SearchApplicationDocuments?file=TIA-16-0007
- SEN recommends disapproval of any code variances until more information is provided
- Don Methany, SEN CERT lead, has been recognized by Emergency Management for his neighborhood advocacy efforts
- CSEN Vulnerable Population Working Group attempts to address the needs of about 125 families.
- SEN Board approved CSEN representatives to be: Heather Sielicki, Lealan Swanson, & David Monk
- SEN Board approved hosting a dusk-to-dawn warming center for families and requests that the City allocate sufficient resources to fund it.
- SEN Board endorsed the NLC statement on diversity in all its forms, dated 11/22/2016.