by Lealan Swanson and Emily Fox
Make your voice heard on the Traffic Impact of the proposed apartments, “Amazon Corner” on Hilyard at East 32nd Avenue.
The current “Amazon Corner” proposal is for 108 residential units and 14,000 square feet of retail space in a 5-story, 62-feet tall structure, with basement-level and surface parking for about 160 vehicles. It is located on 1.83 acres at the northeast corner of Hilyard Street and East 32nd Avenue (behind the Albertson’s on 30th Avenue/Amazon Parkway). Information and application materials on the proposed development is available at the links listed below. To see printed plans, go to City Planning Division at the Atrium Bldg. 99 West 10th Avenue.
Traffic Study information is available at:
Information on the currently proposed building is at:
- Adjustment Review: http://pdd.eugene-or.gov/LandUse/SearchApplicationDocuments?file=ARA-16-0017
Neighbors can comment primarily on traffic issues found in the “Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA), Land Use File Number: TIA 16- 007”, and in applicable Eugene Administrative Order 58-02-02-F; “Adoption of Standards …” 9.8650 through 9.8680. Click here for guidelines on how to provide effective testimony.
We feel the Amazon Corner TIA proposes very little mitigation for increased traffic created by Amazon Corner residents and need an expanded Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA) addressing specific concerns including:
- increased traffic on residential side streets [Ferry, Alder, Kincaid, Harris, Onyx, 31st Avenue, 32nd Ave], (refer to: R-9.8650-F-8.1.3, R-9.8650-A, R-9.8650-C1, R-9.8650-F8.1.1 – 8.1.4)
- lack of safe crossings for pedestrians and cyclists, (refer to: R-9.8650-G.2, R-9.8650-C1)
- lack of refuges for vehicles entering/leaving Hilyard at 31st Avenue (refer to: R-9.8650-F-8 and 10, and R-9.8650-C1.)
- the study was done only for late afternoon hours, not the morning school and work rush, (refer to: R-9.8650-F-4.1.1, 2, 4, 5, 6, R-9.8650-F-4.49, 5.1) .
- we need an expanded traffic impact analysis (R-98650-A, F-4.1 – 4.1.6, R-98650-F5.1, F8.1.1 – 8.1.4 and R-88650-F9).
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM, January 10, 2017. Please note this is an extension from the original comment period.
Please Note: Here is a basic chart from land use code showing what is outright allowed (if the zoning is already determined) in various commercial zones. “Amazon Corners” is currently zoned as C-2:
|Table 9.2170 Commercial Zone General Building Height and Setback Standards|
|Building Height (See EC 9.2170(3))|
Maximum Building Height
|Setbacks (See EC 9.2170(4))|
|Minimum Front Yard Setback||10 feet||0 feet||0 feet||10 feet|
|Maximum Front Yard Setback||15 feet||15 feet||15 feet||15 feet|
|Minimum Interior Yard Setback||0 feet to 10 feet||0 feet to
|0 feet||0 feet to 10 feet|