Our meeting last week on the regular date and time (1st Thursday, 7:00 PM at Hilyard) was cancelled due to extreme weather conditions and rescheduled for Monday, January 9.
Board Members Present: Heather Sielicki (Pres), Lealan Swanson (VP), Ken Beeson (Treas.), Duncan Rhodes (Sec.), David Monk, Dennis Hebert, Emily Fox,
Board Members Absent: Len Epstein, Deborah Noble, Jenny Oberst Lupton
Neighbors/Guests Present: none
- Board Minutes approved from last SEN Board meeting
- Approved a future SEN Board Work Session to review the Bylaws, focusing especially of the clause on committee functions (Art. VI, Sec. 4.) and planning for future circumstances when we cannot meet face-to-face.
Amazon Corners project discussion:
- Disapproved official SEN adoption of Eben Fodor comments on the Amazon Corners project; declined representation by Fodor and Associations LLC.
- Voted to send an amended letter to the City with an electronic link from the public copy of our letter to the City to Fodor’s work as reference and clarification for folks reading the newsletter and to urge the City to consider the traffic concerns brought out in the comments.
- Approved the revised “URGENT v2.docx” for dissemination. Changed the word “urgent” to “reminder” for publication.
- Approved the request to City Council for public notice signage to be required on future projects in the City of Eugene, so that the public will know exactly what is being built in each location and how to make comments. Duncan will address City Council on this.
- Emily reported that Eben Fodor produced a second document addressing the issue of morning travel on Hilyard and streets adjacent to Amazon Corner.
- Dennis reported that citizens are concerned about run-off and heavy equipment traffic at new development on Wendell Lane and 43rd Avenue.
February General Meeting agenda– February 2nd at the Hilyard Center tentatively approved as follows:
Southeast Neighbors is hosting the 2017 Winter Neighborhood Meeting on Thursday, February 2 at Hilyard Community Center located at 2580 Hilyard Street.
A social half-hour is planned from 6:30 until 7:00 pm. Neighbors are invited to bring snacks or sweets to share. Neighbors and community organizations are also invited to bring literature to share. The meeting will begin at 7:00 pm and we are currently expecting:
- Councilor Betty Taylor City of Eugene update – Councilor Taylor will review current City of Eugene initiatives and issues as they relate to SEN.
- Review of proposed Amazon Corners development at 32nd and Hilyard – The developer will review the project plans and schedule and answer questions.
7:00pm: Call to Order – Welcome, Introductions
7:05pm: Public Forum All meetings begin with a public comment session for citizens to express opinions, raise issues, and provide information to the association.
7:15pm: Councilor Betty Taylor Presentation – current City of Eugene initiatives and/or issues as related to southeast Eugene.
7:35 pm: Amazon Corners Presentation – Developer review of proposed project plans and schedule.
8:20: Neighborhood Update Safety, Land Use Issues, Finances, Opportunities