by Terri Harding, AICP, Principal Planner/Metro & Community Planning
We have begun the formal adoption process for Eugene’s own Urban Growth Boundary (UGB) – the area around the city planned for growth. There are a number of upcoming opportunities for community members to learn more about the proposed boundary and how to provide comments. You can learn more about this process by watching this video.
Planning Division staff will host a series of community information sessions throughout the city on the proposed UGB, the package of documents required to adopt our UGB, and how people can provide comments. Each session will include a short presentation and an opportunity to ask questions and speak to staff. All of the meetings will be from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.with a brief presentation at 6:30. Sessions will be held:
- Jan 26th Sheldon High School Library, 2455 Willakenzie Road
- Jan 31st North Eugene High School Library, 200 Silver Lane
- Feb 2nd Churchill High School Library, 1850 Baily Hill Road
- Feb 7th Downtown Eugene Public Library, Bascom Room 100 W. 10th Avenue*
- Feb 9th Willamette High School Library, 1801 Echo Hollow Road
*Interpretación al Español y actividades para niños ofrecidas por el personal del departamento de recreación de la ciudad estarán disponibles en el evento del 7 de Febrero
*Spanish translation and activities for kids with city recreation staff will be available at the February 7th event
You can learn more about Envision Eugene by visiting our website. We look forward to seeing you!