Learn how to build CERT teams and get assistance in to evaluate your neighborhood to ensure you are prepared during the first hours following a disaster.
February 1, 2017
1705 W 2nd Ave
Eugene 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Carlos Barrera, Facilitator
Emergency Management Staff and CERT Volunteers will be on hand to answer any questions you have and to help assist you in building your neighborhood safety teams. Let us help you find resources, materials, and trainings that will aid you in your pre-planning efforts.
- Discuss the Map Your Neighborhood (MYN) Program
- Learn the “9 Steps to Take Immediately Following a Disaster” to secure your home and to protect your neighborhood.
- Identify the Skills and Equipment each neighbor has that would be useful in an effective disaster response.
- Create a Neighborhood Map identifying the locations of natural gas and propane tanks for quick response if needed.
- Create a Contact List that helps identify those with specific needs such as elderly, disabled, or children who may be home alone during certain hours of the day.
Questions? Call 541-682-5860
Neighborhoods that are prepared for emergencies and disaster situations save lives, reduce the severity of injuries and trauma and reduce property damage. In addition, contributing as an individual and working together as a team helps develop stronger communities and improve the quality of life in the community.