SEN BOARD MEETING NOTES -1/4/18


board members present, David , Dennis, Lynne, Deborah, Krystal, Emily,

Laurel, William, Kit, and neighbor David Gerber

DISCUSSION OF  AGENDA  FOR GENERAL MEETING MARCH 1ST

Land use-exploring changes city might make on zoning

lynne will send out postcard announcing Feb 1st, March 1st , April 3rd soon

newsletter to be sent out before meeting-Laurel ,Lynne(formats)

Eben Fodor will give  presentation about “missing middle”, zoning changes.

Clay Roberts Neal will give a report on what neighbors want for their     neighborhood

RAISING MONEY TO PAY BACK LAWYER’S  HELP WITH AMAZON w H.

Discussed organizing night at restaurant – SEN would get 10%( Hideaway? David will check this out- other area restaurants like Tasty Thai,Highlands

Maybe matching grant, sponsors for newsletter, direct donations with thank

you sheet in newsletter

NEWSLETTER-to come out once a month(electronic)

info on Crossfire, possible new zoning changes, landuse – c2 zone workshop( no date yet).Want to get newsletter out before March 1st

Rest stop up to 9 huts( article on homeless areas in SE).Monthly notes

Laurel, David will write some articles ,Kyrstal face book;lynne will do Data entry 

MATCHING GRANT DEADLINE JAN 31ST

Want to spend on emergency preparedness-radios(Don methany)

emergency supplies, Kyrstal made motion for $5000($4,690).Deborah seconded it vote  passed yes 8  no 0. talked about getting volunteer hours

LANDUSE(MISSING MIDDLE DISCUSSION)

City is talking about changing R1 zoning (perhaps may).Want to fast track .

City will be holding a council workshop on C2/R1 zoning (TBA)

Discussed joining with 5 other neighborhood groups to prevent blanket zoning- get city to reexamine missing middle concept , think more on

refinement plans. and opportunity siting. WECAN and city put together a forum Feb 12  at university with Architects, planning comission, liz Cawood.

We talked about coming up with alternative forums with Shina, Westside/Jefferson .South Universtiy, Amazon, Friendly.Want a citywide conversation

Concerned about how fast zoning changes will effect AFFORDABLE HOUSING, solar access, not environmental to tear down old houses to build new ones that will charge higher rent and take away trees, green areas, animals, we have enough buildable lots already

Landuse Committee will meet to discuss how to do this-Deborah

OK’d Clay Roberts-architect student- to come Feb 1st meeting and gather info from neighbors about what their concerns and visions are(focus group)

Then have Clay report findings at  April  12th general meeting and write article for news letter.( we want to get permission from Clay to use this info) And ask Eben Fodor to give presentation at March 1st general meeting about myth of middle housing concept. Will mail postcard out to entire neighborhood about these  3 SEN meetings for Feb, March, April-lynne 

BLOCK CAPTAIN MEETINGS FOR EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS

Tuesday  Jan 9th 7-8:30-Good Samaritan